Products and technicalities
- What is included with the tent-hammock?
Everything you need; 3 poles, 10 pickets, 2 fastening straps with carabiners, a rain cover and tent-hammock. All that you’re missing is two trees or any piece of land to install.
- What will i receive when ordering the backpack?
The backpack contains the top section of 4.5L, the main section of 30L and the bottom section of 15.5L (all sections are empty), the trampoline mesh structure, the braces and waist band. Transportation straps, cooler bag, tent-hammock and the small add-on bag are not included.
- How much do the backpack and tent-hammock weigh?
A. The empty backpack, without add-ons weighs 2,04 kg. The weight of the tent-hammock all accessories (poles, pickets, fastening straps, carabiners and rain cover) is 2,90kg.
- I am a woman, is the backpack suitable for me?
Yes. It is a unisex product. It’s also important to note that the braces were designed specifically to contour the breast area for women; hence, making the backpack comfortable for both men and women.
- What are the minimum and maximum sizes for wearing the backpack?
The optimal height for wearing the backpack is between 157 cm and 182 cm.
- For safety reasons, what is the maximal weight for the hammock?
350 lbs / 159 kg
- How many people can share the same tent-hammock?
The tent can comfortably fit two people along with their two backpacks. When in hammock mode, there is enough room for two people and one backpack. It’s important to respect the maximal weight of 350lbs.
- What is the maximum height to use the tent-hammock?
As the tent measures 260 cm long, there isn’t really a maximum height; this being said, the optimal height to comfortably sleep with a backpack at your feet is 1m90 (both when being used as a tent or hammock).
What is the optimal minimum and maximum distance when installing the hammock between two trees?
The minimum distance is 14 feet and the maximum is 21 feet. The tent-hammock must be installed at least 6 feet high around the trees.
- What is the optimal height to securely suspend the hammock?
For a suitable suspension, the hammock must be installed at a minimum of 6 feet high and a maximum of 8 feet high.
- On what surfaces can I install the tent?
Thanks to the self-supporting system of our tent, it can be installed on any surface without releasing (both hard and sandy surfaces).
- How do I install the tent mode?
Click here for an explanatory video. (Coming soon)
- How do I install the hammock mode?
Click here for an explanatory video. (Coming soon)
- Which fabrics and materials are used in your products?
For the tent-hammock, the floor is composed of Nylon Ripstop and a waterproof coating of 2000mm. The rain cover is made of Polyester Ripstop and a waterproof coating of 2000mm. The high-resistance net is made of Polyester 68D.
The backpack is entirely made of P600D Galaxy FM fabric. PU coated 1500mm. The zippers are YKK Aquaguard. The backpack is water repellent and does not require a rain cover.
- Can I use the tent in winter?
This model was not created for extreme colds or snow. This being said, this three-season model will comfortably keep you safe from rain and wind.
- What tests were conducted and what are the product certifications?
Each one of our fabrics and materials underwent fire tests and respond to the Canadian CPAI-84 fire resistant norms. Weight capacity tests were done for each strap that supports the hammock. Weight capacity tests were done for the hammock. Loads of 500 pounds were placed in the hammock for over 24 hour periods of time and all results were conclusive. This being said, the recommended maximal weight according to Owly Packs is 350 pounds.
What are the dimensions of the tent and the backpack?
The tent has a length of 260 cm, a width of 126 cm and a height of 100 cm, perfect for two people and their mattresses. The backpack has a height of 75 cm, a width of 29 cm and a thickness of 25 cm.
Return and refund:
- How long are the warrantees for each product?
Owly Packs offer a warrantee of two years for each of their products.
- If I need to repair one of my products, what should I do?
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; one of our members will contact you and assist you throughout the process. Since traveling is as important to you as it is for us, we will treat your dossier with speed and diligence.
- If I’m not satisfied with the bag, it’s too big or too small, or I don’t find it comfortable and would like a reimbursement, what should I do?
No problem. It’s important that you feel comfortable, to fully enjoy your traveling adventures. You simply need to return your product and we’ll take care of shipping and handling. Please note that it’s important that a message is sent to us prior to shipping the item for a reimbursement. We will send a confirmation via email stating that you may send us the item.
- What will my shipping cost be?
The shipping cost is determined based on local rates and the item’s weight. Click here if you would like to calculate your shipping costs. (Coming soon)
- Are there additional shipping fees?
No. The final amount seen when purchasing your order is all you need to pay. Custom fees might be charged, depending on our geographical location. These fees are not our responsibility.
- How can I become a sales-rep for your products?
Please contact us via email at, email@example.com for more information.